Verb account for Definition and Examples
Definition as verb:
account for (phrasal verb)
- (transitive) To explain by relating circumstances; to show that some one, thing or members of a group are present or have been processed.
- (transitive) To be the primary cause of
- (transitive) To constitute in amount or portion.
- (transitive) To make or render a reckoning of funds, persons, or things.
- (transitive) To be answerable for.
- (transitive) To destroy or put out of action.
Learn More about account for
List of Verbs that Start with A-Z
List of Verbs that End with A-Z
List of Verbs by Length
3 letters4 letters5 letters6 letters7 letters8 letters9 letters10 letters11 letters12 letters