Verb act out Definition and Examples
Definition as verb:
act out (third-person singular simple present acts out, present participle acting out, simple past and past participle acted out)
- Used other than as an idiom: see act, out.
- To perform something specific.
- (idiomatic) To perform a scene from a play, a charade or an exercise.
- (idiomatic) To perform a fantasy in reality.
- To express internal feelings or thoughts.
- To express one's feelings through disruptive actions.
- To express ideas or desires through actions rather than words.
Learn More about act out
List of Verbs that Start with A-Z
List of Verbs that End with A-Z
List of Verbs by Length
3 letters4 letters5 letters6 letters7 letters8 letters9 letters10 letters11 letters12 letters